Whether you are in a public place, office, or public transportation, take a look around you. What is the one thing that is common with everybody? Correct, it is a mobile phone. Our lives revolve around them.
We live in a mobile-centric world. Furthermore, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we became more dependent on smartphones. We rely on our phones to complete most of our chores. The rising popularity of mobile phones has the peaked interest of mobile app developers. Many app developers are implementing the latest technologies and strategies to deliver an outstanding mobile application.
As we know, Android and iOS are the two major app development platforms. Both platforms hold a significant amount of market share in generating revenue. In 2021, Apple paid $200 billion to iOS app developers selling goods and servicing via App Store. Additionally, in the first quarter of 2021, the Apple store has approximately 2.22 million apps on the App Store.
This article features the fundamental things you should consider about iOS development and the top programming languages iOS mobile app companies, or developers use.
Things you should know about iOS App Development.
Many app developers are trying their best for app development, yet they are unsuccessful. There are many reasons behind it. Here is a list of things you should keep in mind if you are going for iOS app development.
- Determine your purpose
- Do a thorough market research
- Plan your entire development journey
- Get the account compatibility with multiple iOS version
- Assess your capabilities to build your app
Top Programming Languages for iOS App Development
Choosing your programming language is essential in app development, as it will help you achieve your long-term goals. We have created a list of all iOS and cross-platform programming languages. You can choose one according to your project requirement and ensure the success of your mobile app.
Languages for the Native iOS app development
Here are a few programming languages you can adopt for your Native iOS app development.
Swift is one of the most popular iOS programming languages across the globe. It is built with the latest safety measures, enhanced performance, and software design patterns. Swift is designed to provide the best services for programming the systems, app development, writing and maintaining correct programs, and ascending to cloud services.
When you write your code with swift, it is safe, fast, and expressive. Safety is one of the essential things in the app development process. Therefore, it is important to write code safely and quickly, notifying the developer’s mistakes before beginning the production. Along with the safety, swift is also fast.
Swift has many features that make the codes easier to read and write. While using swift, the developers are in control. With swift, memory is automatically managed, there is no need to use semicolons, making the codes cleaner. Let’s take a look at some additional features of swift.
- Multiple return values
- Practical programming patterns
- Advance control flow with selected keywords
- Structure supporting methods and extensions
- Doesn’t require a separate library to support functionality
- It has a simplified syntax
- It can extend its functions if required
- Easy to integrate with objective-C
- It prevents code crushing by error handling functions
- Doesn’t support old iOS versions
- Cannot call C++ code without wrapping the functionality
Objective-C is one of the primary programming languages for writing software for OS X and iOS. Tom Love and Brad Cox developed objective-C in 1984. It is used to build applications like iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Apple Watch. In addition, it helps you build heavy apps.
Key features of objective-C
- Objective-C automatically creates and manages the MetaClass during the run time.
- It offers a small comment section that looks like a conversation to make it more understandable.
- You can easily implement delegating methods to other objects and remote invocation using categories and message forwarding.
- They are flexible and provides an easy solution to programming issues.
- You can easily connect them with private APIs.
- Compatible with C++ libraries.
- It does not launch regular updates and stays steady.
- It has complex memory management, so that it is difficult to understand.
- You need C or Smalltalk to understand it.
- It cannot support big libraries.
Hybrid iOS app development
C++ is an object-oriented programming language that supports the implementation of low-level manipulation problems. It is very flexible so that iOS app developers can easily develop different operating systems, browsers, and iOS game development.
Nowadays, C++ has become essential due to two reasons.
- The ANSI- with the implementation of object-oriented programming, it became easy for C++ to tackle real-world problems.
- The Annotated C++ reference manual.
Key features of C++
- Object-oriented programming
- Dynamic Memory Allocation
- Standard C++ libraries
- With the platform independence, users can run the same program on different operating systems.
- C++ is object-oriented, which means it offers concepts like classes, inheritance, polymorphism, data abstraction, and encapsulation. It makes the program more reliable due to code reusability.
- C++ has total control over memory management.
- Compatibility with C
- Pointers are difficult to understand, therefore a single misuse can crash your program.
- You may face some security issues because of the availability of friend functions and pointers.
- No garbage collector to collect the unnecessary data.
- C++ does not support built-in threads.
- It is a lightweight programming language that can easily handle browser data.
- It is time-saving, as it quickly resolves errors by validating user input.
- Reduces server load and network traffic.
- It has platform independence like C++ to run swiftly your programs on any platform you like.
- Its arrow functions can simplify the syntax and compress the lines of codes.
- Due to its flexibility to work with other programming languages, most iOS app developers prefer it over other languages.
- You can quickly implement it on a webpage or inside the script of another programming language.
- It lacks a debugging facility.
- A single code error can stop the entire code from running on the website.
Tim Berners-Lee and Robert Cailliau created HTML in 1989. The full form of HTML is HyperText Markup Language. The majority of websites are created based on HTML. Developers use HTML to create functional pages. It helps structure and presents the content on the internet.
It includes a series of elements that can instruct browsers on how to display the content. As a result, you can easily manage your app development with multi-platform functionality and agile market development features.
Key features of HTML-
- With the help of HTML, you can easily insert images, video, and audio into a webpage.
- You can easily display HTML documents on any platform.
- You can add links to the web pages to help the readers peruse more information.
- One of the benefits of HTML is that you don’t need a technical background in programming.
- The HTML documentation is created to be compatible with a group of people with different skill sets and is easy to navigate through.
- HTML is lightweight and easy to load.
- It allows the utilization of templates, making the web designing process seamless.
- It offers multiple tags and attributes to make your line of code shorter.
- It is a static language; thus, it cannot produce dynamic output alone.
- Making the structure of HTML is difficult to understand.
- Minimal security features are available.
- It is not centralized; therefore you need to edit each webpage separately.
To begin your journey as an iOS app developer, the first thing you’ll require is knowledge of the programming language. Choosing an iOS programming language is one of the most important steps you need to start this journey. You can choose any language as per your requirements and figure out what’s the best for you.
This article features a short yet detailed listing of the iOS programming language. Hopefully, it will help you ease your confusion and make the decision.
Are you looking for a reliable iOS mobile app development company? We are just one click away. We at Sysbunny have an excellent team of iOS app developers who is fluent in every programming language. We can help you build your awesome business mobile app that will make you stand out in this competitive market.